MTL| I.S. Camera Systems and Barriers
Country of Origin
Controlling, operating and protecting assets in harsh and hazardous areas
- Intrinsically Safe Camera systems
- Industrial Ethernet
- Industrial Security
- Intrinsically safe barriers
- Industrial Wireless
- Surge Protector
I.S. Zener Barriers
MTL are a pioneer in the development of the “shunt diode” safety barrier. This is a passive network device that uses Zener diodes, resistors and fuses to safely divert excess electrical energy to ground and thus prevent sparking in or overheating of equipment in hazardous areas. Their key benefits are low cost and the ability to operate with data in analogue DC or high-speed digital forms.Compact housing; only 12.5 mm wide
The MTL5500 (DIN-rail mounting) and MTL4500 (backplane mounting) isolators share a common design, differing only in the mechanical mounting and connection methods.
- Compact modular design with DIN rail mounting
- High packing density
- Single and multi-channel I/O modules
- 3-port isolation with low power dissipation
- Compatible with MTL5000
I.S. Power Supplies
The 949x-PS range of MTL intrinsically safe (IS) isolated power supplies are ideal for providing power to instrumentation in hazardous process areas.Angles between 0° … 360°
- Wide range of output voltages 4.8V – 17.7V
- Wide operating temperature range of -40 ̊C to +70 ̊C
- Zone 2 mountable
- DIN-rail or backplane mounting
- ATEX / IECEx certified
The NEW MTL1000 range of signal conditioning isolators and accessories are designed to help protect field instruments and control systems to provide safe, reliable and high-quality process communications.
- Reduces power wiring up to 90%
- 6.2mm wide slimline modules
- Redundant power feed option
- Status indication and alarm relay
MTL’s HART® CONNECTIONS strip the HART® digital signal from the 4-20mA signal (which passes to the control system unscathed) and sends it directly to your maintenance PC. Thus giving you access to the benefits offered by the latest powerful configuration and predictive maintenance software.
- For process control systems using traditional I/O installations, the NEW MTL4851 and MTL485
- For connection to signals of safety shutdown systems the MTL4850 is the ideal multiplexer
- When you need simultaineous access to several field devices, such as when testing valve positioners, use MTL4854
The 9600 product range provides cost-effective Intrinsically Safe (IS) Ethernet equipment that can be installed and maintained easily in hazardous areas. The intrinsically safe hazardous area certification permits the components to be mounted in a Zone 1 hazardous area with connectivity into Zone 0 and the associated apparatus certification of the 9468-ET IS Ethernet isolator and 9491-PS IS power supply allow this equipment to be mounted in a Zone 2 hazardous area and connected to intrinsically safe equipment in a Zone 0 or 1 hazardous area.
MTL RugiCAM-IP high definition (HD) IS Ethernet network camera enable plant managers across process industries worldwide to ensure they are operating safely in hazardous zone 1 and zone 2 areas.
- Rugged case with 6mm toughened glass for harsh environments
- IS approval allows for safe, live network maintenance
- HD resolution of 1080P and enhanced image analysis
- Supports live video streaming via a H.264 compressed video format and Motion JPEG with user-selectable frame rates
- Micro-SD card slot that can be used as an optional back-up
- Available with an optional Infra-Red (IR) or white LED lights unit that enhances the camera’s low light capabilities.
This module allows existing Intrinsically Safe equipment with an RS485/RS422 or RS232/TTL port to connect to Ethernet via either Wi-Fi (WLAN) or a Cat5/6 cable connection into an IS Ethernet Network (LAN).
- 4 communication ports – RS232/422/485 (2 and 4 wire)
- Serial Modbus Protocol
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi (supporting 802.11 a/b/g/n) dual port switch 10/100Mb LAN
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and LAN co-existance
- Zone 0 mounting
- Connection into Zone 0 Gas or Zone 20 Dust hazardous areas
- Flexible power options with unique PoEx™
Industrial Wireless 802.11
Our intrinsically safe (I.S.) wireless solutions provide completely safe wireless operation in hazardous areas. Products are live workable, meaning that in many situations a gas clearance certificate is not required to work on the equipment and can reduce costs when performing maintenance, installation, testing or replacing devices. Our hazardous area access point provides 802.11a/b/g connectivity, a standard which is widely compatible with end devices and can be used for transferring Ethernet data over the air.
Data and Signal Surge Protection
The MTL SD Modular (SDM) is based upon the proven reliability of the well-established MTL SD range and adds additional features such as modularity for ease of maintenance with the proven full hybrid surge design, delivering the highest 20kA level of protection within a compact 7mm, modular design.