The explosion-proof absolute encoder that will fit where others won’t.
There are some encoder applications that are just demanding. Incredibly challenging. Among these are applications where the encoder has to be explosion-proof due to the dangerous atmosphere in which it operates. Or those that involve harsh environmental influences on offshore platforms. Or where it experiences huge shock loads of over 100 Gs. Or shaft loads of hundreds of Newtons. But the MOST demanding applications are those where the encoder must meet ALL these requirements. And that is exactly where the Hengstler AX65 comes in.
Certified explosion-proof, built with marine-grade stainless steel, with a shock rating of 200 Gs and shaft load of 300 N, the AX65 is one tough encoder. The most compact absolute encoder in its class, its shallow depth and body diameter of only 59 mm allow it to fit where other explosion-proof encoders can’t. The explosion-proof certification makes it ideal for offshore oil platforms, mines, chemical plants, etc., as does the marine grade stainless steel of which it’s built. The shaft load rating eliminates the need for load modules, reducing costs. The AX65 can be installed quickly and easily due to its flexible, quick-connect terminal system. Rounding out the AX65 is the choice of SSI or CANopen interface, in addition it is also possible to integrate the CANopen encoder in a ring network configuration.
So next time you have a demanding application, remember the Hengstler AX65… it is one tough encoder.
- ATEX and IECEx certification for Mining, Gas and Dust
- 300 N axial and radial load
- Extreme shock and vibration resistant: 200 g shock; 30 g vibration
- Most compact design of its class: 70 mm mounting depth; 59 mm diameter
- Cage clamp terminals with radial or axial cable output
- Easy and fast field installation
- Protection class up IP66/ IP67
- Extreme corrosion resistance: high grade stainless steel housing (1.4404)
Applications: Winch, enamelling production line, petro chemistry, bottling machines, mixers,
silo works, mills, cranes, drilling equipment …