Automated Control and Hengstler introduce the ACURO® Xproof AX73 encoder. The AX73 offers users exceptional reliability as an explosion-proof, absolute position encoder with Profibus interface.
The AX73 is a robust unit that offers explosion protection (IECEX EX d IIC) and the ability to withstand severe shock, vibration and corrosive environments. The optical scanning system of the AX73 encoder provides a highly accurate, high-resolution sensor signal that is also resistant to the strongest external magnetic fields.
With its ATEX and IECEx approval, the Hengstler AX73 is certified and approved for international use, thus providing the user a global guarantee of safety and reliability in hazardous areas (IECEX EX d IIC and Ex tb IIIC).
Application examples are wide ranging and include winches, cranes, drill rigs, oil and gas platforms, paint plants, petrochemical facilities, bottling plants, silos, grain mills, etc.
- ATEX and IECEx certified for Gas and Dust
- Easy and fast field installation
- Extreme corrosion resistance: high grade stainless steel housing (1.4404 / AISI 316L)
- Profibus Interface
- High precision ACURO standard
- Resolution up to 14 Bit Singleturn + 12 Bit Multiturn
- Optical encoder with a true geared Multiturn
- Protection class IP67