Automated Control and Hengstler introduce the ACURO Drive AD37S Safety4Wire®. The Hengstler Safety4Wire® interface was especially designed to provide high levels of functional safety in servo motor control systems.
The interface protocol meets SIL3 requirements according to IEC 61508,Cat. 3 PLd per EN ISO 13849, while the AD37S encoder itself and the IP core in the controller both meet SIL2.
With an operating temperature range up to +105°C and a 12,000 rpm maximum speed, the 28 mm mounting depth of the AD37S makes it the most compact, absolute Multiturn encoder in its class!
The encoder contains both an encoder temperature sensor and an input to allow connection of the motor’s winding temperature sensor, adding that information directly into the encoder’s data. An internal “Electronic Data Sheet” in the encoder stores motor and encoder data and can be recalled at any time.
Key features include:
- Encoder for functional safety applications (SIL2)
- safety4wire® interface, protocol conforms with SIL3
- Motor winding temperature sensor input plus internal en¬coder temperature sensor
- Resolution up to 20 Bit singleturn+ 12 Bit multiturn
- -20 °C to +105 °C operating temperature range
- 12,000 rpm continuous operation