The aegex10 TM Intrinsically Safe Tablet is the World first IECEx Zone 1 Tablet by Aegex Technologies which provides an intrinsically safe mobile device for the world’s most hazardous environments allowing real-time connectivity in hazardous locations and is purpose-built for use in the most hazardous zones of explosive environments. Incapable of igniting a spark, this patents-pending industrial device allows for superior mobile communications on dangerous job sites where traditional devices cannot be used.
Globally certified under the highest standards of safety for some of the most explosive conditions, ATEX/IECEx Zone 1 and Class I, II, III Division 1, the Aegex tablet is part of a fully integrated platform that brings real-time communications and data management to the world’s most hazardous industries, helping them to begin their digital transformation to Industry 4.0.
Suitable for hazardous environments including: –
♦ Oil & Gas
♦ Chemical Industry
♦ Mining Industry
♦ Pharmaceutical Industry
♦ Anywhere that volatile atmospheres exist
The Aegex intrinsically safe 10.1 inch Windows 10 tablet brings real-time connectivity to all personnel in multiple zones helping to harness the power of data , optimizing efficiency and safety while increasing productivity.
Features and Benefits of the Aegex10 Intrinsically Safe Tablet include: –
- Purpose-Built Intrinsically Safe and Enterprise-Class: Aegex devices are certified UL913, C I, II, IIID1, ATEX IECEx Zone 1 and IP65 for HazLoc Use.
- Cloud-Based Data Sharing: Aegex solutions use 4G LTE for real-time collaboration.
- Enterprise-Class Security with Intel Architecture: Aegex solutions rely on Intel McAfee Security suite for enterprise-wide protection.
- Customizable Solutions for All Hazardous Zones and Jobs: Build you own solution for each team member with Aegex enterprise applications.
Aegex’s unified platform makes operation-wide integration and collaboration simple, with an overarching Microsoft enterprise mobility solution that delivers IT uniformity, operational efficiency, organisational safety and information security. Aegex10 IS Tablets are the basis for a true Internet of Things for hazardous industries.
This is the recommended method for charging your aegex10™.
- Quick-charge solution to recharge tablet in about 2 hours
- Just drop the tablet onto the charging station without removing port doors
- No release button needed to remove tablet
The docking station enables the aegex10™ tablet to be used as a desktop with a large external monitor, keyboard and mouse, while connected to company Ethernet network. This configuration holds the tablet upright at a 60° degree angle to use the tablet like a notebook.
- Allows quick-charge of the tablet via bottom charging contact pads
- Allows locking tablet in dock via Kensington Lock feature
Features interfaces for typical uses and accessory connectivity including:
- 1x HDMI
- 3 x USB 3.0
- 1 x LAN (RJ45)
- 1 x Power input (Power Supply External 19V/150W)
Hands free Tablet Harness
The aegex10™ Hands-Free Tablet Harness is composed of premium quality natural leather. Leather “ages”, which means its appearance changes with time and use. Wrinkles are caused by the natural stretch of the material and do not affect the quality, usability or lifetime of the product. Please note that exposure to sunlight, heat or certain chemicals may fade and/or dry out your harness, causing it to crack slightly. To increase the product’s lifetime, it is recommended to treat it regularly with a transparent leather care cream and avoid direct contact with harsh chemicals. Surface scratches caused by sharp objects and material aging are not covered by warranty.
Video of Features
AC/DC Power Cord + Adaptor
This portable charger is recommended for travel as the adaptors are interchangeable.
- Universal USB connection
- Includes adaptor for U.S., UK, or European sockets
- Input: 100-240V ~ 0.3A 50-60 Hz
- 25-34VA, Low leakage current
- Output: 5.35V – 2.0A USB type A
Leather Carrying Case
The aegex10™ Leather Carry Case has a side carrying handle, an adjustable leather shoulder strap, and a 360° rotating adjustable hand strap on the back. The case features a front cover with seamless magnetic closure, stylus on tether, and larger back cut out for easy placement on docking/charging station.
The case has been tested to meet UL913 5th Edition and IECEx 60079-0 requirements to be used in conjunction with the aegex10™ Intrinsically Safe Tablet.
Hex Passive Stylus
For versatility and maximum usability, the hexagonal, solid aluminum stylus (with a responsive ball-point), is attached to a tether, which can be clipped to a vest or the aegex10™ leather carry case.
Ex aegex10 TM Battery
The aegex10™ battery is a rechargeable Li-Ion polymer battery.
- 3.8V DC Voltage, 2.8A
- 33Wh Operating Power
- 8700mAh Operating Current
- Dimensions 168mm x 135mm x 20mm – Weight: 185g
- Due to shipping regulations, it is recommended to order spare batteries at the time of your aegex10™ tablet purchase. Otherwise, additional freight charges may apply.